"Save As" in IE only allows me to save as a BMP, "untitled" file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen numerous stuff on this online and most tell you to empty your temp internet files (done...folder's empty) and make sure the "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" option is unchecked in the "Advanced" section.

Both are done. My Temp Internet Files cache is set to 250MB, so I know it's neither full nor too small.

All was working fine until recently and I can't really think of much that could have caused the problem. Would any of the protections in SpyBot S&D cause this? Suggestions?

I found that trying to reinstall IE is like pulling teeth.

No problems with any other graphics programs or Netscape, so the issue is limited to IE.

Hi!

poertner_1274 said:
First of all :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Secondly the search feature is your friend...

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic2323.html

Thanks for the welcome, but alas, I've tried the solutions referenced in the microsoft support pages (unchecking that "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" option and emptying my temporary internet files).

The site I was using isn't encrypted nor is it password protected, so I don't know what gives.

I've tried it on numerous pages just to see if it was a problem with where I was, but no luck.

I don't know if it's a regestry key or some other setting...but it just seemed to start all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back