Screen corruption with new ASUS Laptop running Windows Vista - Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak

I just got a new laptop on the 1st of this month. It is an ASUS G2S. Today as it was sitting idle, the screen became corrupted somehow. While at the desktop screen it appears as if many horizontal lines of the desktop image are misplaced. When I go to open a window, it gets much worse with shaking and scrambled images. It is running Vista Home Premium. I am deploying overseas in a couple of days and need to put together a solution quickly. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

kimsland, if you don't know, don't say.
Zak, take it back to store. this is GPU or LCD cable failure.

This is not a BIOS problem. It is a serious hardware problem. There are hundreds of failed ASIS G2S laptops out there with serious screen issues. Return it if it is new. The problem will not go away. Those who RMA the computer have this problem come back in a week after repair return.
We are seeing a lot of these in our shops. It appears this model may be a turkey.
The BIOS issue relates to the ASUS G2S inability to deal with large amounts of memory, over 2GB.
The video issues have to be LCD screen, video graphics hardware, or the motherboard. Too many reports to do anything else.
Return, do not repair, this model.
Yes, READ carefully the results of Google searches. Our guess is you will find the BIOS updates do not permanently fix the screen problems.

I talked to a few other people off-line and they said it is most likely a hardware issue. Windows and other programs seems to work normally behind all the scrambled images. I'll have to take it back to the store it looks like. Thanks for the support.

Good luck. We would like to hear from you on how it turns out.
ASUS has such a good reputation that it makes you wonder, but the laptops are not made by ASUS. If you do not get satisfaction, contact ASUS in the country where you reside.
We are seeing massive numbers of ASUS G2S laptops with this problem. They have to know about it.
Trade it in for a different brand if you can, or insist in a new motherboard. Do not let them talk you into an RMA repair, because so far, that is not fixing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back