Screen Resolution, Refresh rates - XfX 6200A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Just a quick question plse.

I have just installed a XfX 6200A (PV T44A-WANG) into my Compaq SR1303WM, disabling the integrated S3G via the BIOS. The aim behind this was to get a reasonable graphics card in situ and then explore the monitor market for higher resolution/wider screen alternative. My current monitor is an ACER AL1722 with a native resolution of 1280 X 1024.

Having checked out the XfXspec, I thought that, on installation, I would see offered some of the higher resolution options and refresh rates listed in the release notes for the 6200A. From looking at these I thought I would then be able to choose the best matching monitor and ask Santa to visit the local store. Unfortunately, I found that the options topped out at the native resolution of the existing monitor with only two refresh rates of 60 and 75Hz. The same as the S3G graphics !!

My question ....Does the native resolution of the monitor dictate the options offered by the card and hide the full range that might otherwise be available? If not, then I seem to have problem with no idea where to look for a solution. I hope that I haven't got both legs down one nicker on this!!

The resolution and refresh rates are limited by your monitor, not by your card.
Finding a "not to expensive" monitor that can outdo your grafic card... will be a very hard thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back