Screen resolution won't stay set on reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwazevedo

Hi folks,

Here's a strange one. My XP computer boots with a screen resolution that I don't like. So I change it. The next time I boot, it's back to that original screen resolution. I set up another user account, and there's no problem maintaining the screen resolution there. It's only in my main Admin account that this weirdness happens.

Is this some sort of startup setting that I can change. I've looked in the usual places but can't find it. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Jerry

It's possible your monitor or graphics card or graphics driver do not support the resolution you are trying to set. What are the resolution, monitor, graphics card and graphics card driver in question?

I can set the resolution just fine. It just won't stay set after I log off and restart. However, the resolution stays set on my second account, just not on my main administrator account. Doesn't sound like a graphics card/monitor/driver issue.

Happy holidays.
Jerry

I've often seen various bugs that have existed in some user accounts but not others. I've never really understood why - sometimes it's like some sort of misconfiguration for one particular account - sometimes it appears to be the account itself at fault nomatter what you do.

Just for the sake of toubleshooting, I would suggest uninstalling and re-installing your graphics card, using the latest drivers.

After having no success with the standard solutions, I decided to take the pragmatic approach. Since the resolution would stay set for another user account, I just made a new account for myself and abandoned the original (admin) account. Seemed like less of a hassle than readjusting the resolution each time I booted. Works fine.

Thanks for the replies.
Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back