Screen size problems in games/ms-dos? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, hope someone can help here.
I have an IBM Thinkpad running Windows 98se. The screen size has reduced to 800x600 (i think) when you see the windows start up and closing screen, but also when i play some games like populous and champ manager. But when the desktop starts the screen size is a normal 1024x768 (i think again!), which is the size i want to play my games with.
(The small size also appears if i start the MS-Dos prompt if that helps!)
I've tried changing the display properties but nothing changes. Any ideas?
Thanks a million
Líam.

The video mode a DOS game uses can be set only from within the game or via it's setup program (if at all). Nothing you do in Windows will matter. Some bugs may be fixed with a BIOS update. Check the IBM website for a newer version.

The video mode a fullscreen Windows game uses is set in the game setup and its maximum depends on what the Windows video drivers say. Do you have the latest video drivers? Check from the IBM website.

Dosbox is an excellent DOS emulator that helps to overcome many problems with games. You can give that a try too.

Brilliant! Thank you very much Nodsu!
I went to the IBM website and was about to download a BIOS update, but i saw a monitor driver update and downloaded that. switched on the computer again and the driver fixed the job.
Thanks again!
Liam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back