Script Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

Script Error

I have a friend who's default picture viewer is MGI PhotoSuite. On some occasions when she tries to open a picture it does not open PhotoSuite, it gives her an error which reads

"an error occurred in the script on this page".

Line: 378
Char:2
Error: location is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL:file://C:\Program Files\MGI\MGI PhotoSuite11\TempPS!!\Common\Root.htm.

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Any ideas?

Reinstall MGI PhotoSuite.

If it doesn't work, reinstall windows.

If it doesn't work, change to another program.

Script errors like that are hard to find the cause that produce them. It's surely a corrupt instalation or something you changed, something broke in the program.

Originally posted by dani_17

If it doesn't work, reinstall windows.

That is rarely the solution to anything. It might "fix" the problem, but only until it happens again.

Sounds like script debugging is turned on, you need to disable it. The file referenced is an htm file. Go to Internet options and look for script debugging and disable it. This may differ among versions of IE. You still may not be able to view images after doing this because there is an error there. You might then need to uninstall and reinstall the app as suggested by Dani. But don't reinstall Windows because of this.

StormBringer,

I'ts just a matter of experience. A lot of times happened to me that an app stoped working and couldn't fixed it / or spent to much time trying to fix it that a reinstall was a faster solution.

I wouldn't reinstall windows because of MGI photosuite, but It happened to me that sometimes Visual Studio, 3d Studio Max or important applications stopped working... then if I had no other escape, I reinstall. Windows can get pretty screwed, specially when you do a lot of "experimental" things in your computer. But your right, I'd rather change program before reinstalling windows in case of MGI Photosuite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back