Scsi/Raid host controller device is preventing the machine from entering Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed a scanner to a pc and now I am getting the following message when I try to put the pc in Standby mode:

"The device driver for the 'SCSI/RAID Host Controller' device is preventing the machine from entering Standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver."

Then when I choose OK, my mouse pointer disappears.

Does anyone know what this means or how to correct it?

TIA

It means that Windows doesn't know how to put your scanner (or more precisely the (virtual) SCSI controller) into standby.

As it says, install the latest drivers for the equipment from the original manufacturer. Also, in Device Manager, check the device properties and see if Windows is allowed to turn it off.

I ended up getting this error after trying to install a scanner that actually ended up not working on W2K, so getting the correct drivers for the scanner wasn't a option. Since I had nothing else that needed that controller, I simply went into the device manager and disabled it. (I tried uninstalling it, but it would just reinstall whenever I rebooted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back