Search Bar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimesy69

iam now using firefox after failing to get rid of my tool bar in I.E, even after following all of real black stuffs instructions. i have stopped using I.E so i now longer see the toolbar but its still on my system. i have attatched my hijackthis log file. here is the link to a previous thread about my toolbar https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic24055.html

C:\Documents and Settings\Dan Grimes\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
For the umpteenth time, MOVE Hijackthis to its own folder, NOT on the Desktop!!!!!

As I am not familiar with ColdFusion, I did not check any of its components, I'm assuming they are 'safe'.

Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF.
Press Ctrl/Alt/Del simultaneously, select Taskmanager/Processes, select the process (if there), click "End Process" for:

netserver.exe
netclient.exe
MsgPlus.exe
iexplore.exe (maybe 2 or more times)
Copy Knob.exe
Objuser.exe

UNinstall, if you can, anything to do with:
C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\DANGRI~1\APPLIC~1\FilmWipe\Copy Knob.exe
This searchbar: C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll (you can always reinstall if you trust it, I wouldn't!)
C:\DOCUME~1\DANGRI~1\APPLIC~1\anteheck\Objuser.exe

Next, run a HJT scan and place a tick-mark in the box before these lines (if still there):
C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Netserver.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.pkwumioococgefhbafszvszv...BjAuPG8wRn9tEZYKccVCv_AvTW/ucrkaUyYE4zutF.htm
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4C0277F9-A0B6-BBC9-F341-A8738A9B76EE} - C:\DOCUME~1\DANGRI~1\APPLIC~1\FilmWipe\Copy Knob.exe
O3 - Toolbar: Wanadoo - {8B68564D-53FD-4293-B80C-993A9F3988EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Keep Cdrom] C:\DOCUME~1\DANGRI~1\APPLIC~1\anteheck\Objuser.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search with Wanadoo - res://C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll/VSearch.htm
Unless this O17 is YOUR ISP, fix it:
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BAB8B84A-2B48-409C-882C-E25214CD6548}: NameServer = 195.92.195.95 195.92.195.94
O23 - Service: NetServer - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Netserver.exe" -service (file missing)

You need to decide if you want to fix this. The (file missing) indicates some error. HJT can 'fix' it, but I don't know the consequence.
O23 - Service: ColdFusion Management Repository Server (ColdFusion Management Repository) - Unknown owner - C:\CFusion\jrun\bin\jrun.exe" -jrundir "C:\CFusion\jrun" -nt "ColdFusion Management Repository" "cfam (file missing)

When done, delete the highlighted bold files. When a directory-name is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
Also delete these files (should be in the same directory as C:\WINDOWS\system32\netserver.exe):
_setup.1
_setup.2
_setup.lib
netclient.exe
netserver.exe

Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back