Sec Slave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Can you help please?,I have been trying to read one line on the black boot-up window, but up to now,. I have not caught all of it in the two-three seconds, but now I see that it reads;-

Auto detecting Sec Slave....not detected

What is this "Sec Slave" & as it it is not detected, is it something that should be there & isn't??

Thanks,Maurice :confused:

Hiya Maurice.

I will try and explain what is happening don`t worry it`s not a problem with your computer.

On your motherboard you have two IDE slots named Primary and Secondary.

Your primary slot is usually where your hard drive is attached with your cd rom or or other drives attatched to the secondary.

Normally you would only have upto four IDE devices attatched so for example you could have a hard drive and a dvd rewriter attatched to your primary and maybe a cd rewriter and dvd rom attatched to your secondary.

All that you are seeing when you boot your computer is that there is nothing other than your hard drive attatched to your primary.

This is quite normal and absolutely nothing to worry about.

I hope this answers your concerns.

Regards and best wishes Howard :grinthumb

Thanks Howard, you're a mate!, as I said, at the moment, small things are blown out out of proportion, perhaps when I have had my "op" my head will clear, glad you're on line a lot, you're the only one answering lately, perhaps you've been elected as my "minder"!

Maurice

Maurice said:
Thanks Howard, you're a mate!, as I said, at the moment, small things are blown out out of proportion, perhaps when I have had my "op" my head will clear, glad you're on line a lot, you're the only one answering lately, perhaps you've been elected as my "minder"!

Maurice

perhaps you've been elected as my "minder"!

If that`s the case then that`s no problem to me lol
sunglasses2.gif

Regards and best wishes mate Howard

:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back