Security Toolbar 7.1 PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been fighting this full time for 3 days, and it has only gotten worse.

- I used Firefox to purchase the latest Norton 360 ($110).
- I took the hard drive out of the computer, made it a slave in another computer, ran a full scan with Norton 360 and with AVG. Returned the HD to the original computer, the virus is still there.
- It opens IE windows constantly - almost faster than I can close them. I have UNINSTALLED EVERY COPY OF IE on my computer, but it still opens IE windows with bogus warnings.
- I bought SPYNOMORE - no help
- I have tried several other software packages and had local tech support on site. Nothing will make it any better. It just seems to keep getting worse.
- I had some VERY sensitive data on my computer - hope they did not get it before I removed it.

Any ideas for this insidious beast? THANKS SO MUCH for any help - I am trying to run an intense home business from this computer, and am in my busy season!!!! Thanks again.

Note, if at all possible, I do not want this system down flat for any lengthy period (4+hours), and do not want to clear the hard drive if at all possible.

Dell computer running XP Home SP2

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Hogskin44 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Had exactly the same problem - also spent three days trying to remove. Spynomore found a trojan but could not remove the few files that were left. Combofix removed it - have you tried this?

Yes, combofix is in the instructions mate.

I still recommend you follow the instructions and post the requested log files/results.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Hogskin44 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back