Security toolbar 7.1 removal instruction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just finished doing the whole test.
I did followed the 15 steps.
Here's my log report for HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and VBG.
I hope my attachments are suitable, one is showing a red X ?
Please let me know if I have to do something else like deliting some files from the report.
So far my puter looks okay, the security toolbar is gone as well as the icon on my taskbar and my browser webpage is back.
Thank you so much for your help!
Carole

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    10.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Report-Scan-20070827-185228.txt
    77 KB · Views: 11
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All items in your AVG Antispyware log say "No Action Taken". That`s because you haven`t told AVG Antispyware to quarantine it`s results as per the instructions. See this pictorial guide.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Empty your recycle bin.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = http://search.bearshare.com/sidebar.html?src=ssb

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - - (no file)

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\Userinit.exe

O3 - Toolbar: Protection Bar - {F06E2ABE-3A50-4079-BE25-FC100D9EAA25} - C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Access\iesbpl.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')

O9 - Extra button: Wallpaper - {c23dd370-cb79-11d2-898a-00c04f80a47f} - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\toolbar.hta

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Toolbar Wallpaper - {c23dd370-cb79-11d2-898a-00c04f80a47f} - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\toolbar.hta

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O16 - DPF: {13149882-F480-4F6B-8C6A-0764F75B99ED} - http://plug-in.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk4.cab

O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: hrum491.txt

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Access<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of frenchy57 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back