Seems like something isn't being powered up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluestballZ

Hello, last night, I was having problems with my computer overheating while playing video games, and then I remembered, when it over heats, to make sure all dust is cleaned from your computer. So, therefore, this morning when I woke up, I took some q-tips, and proceeded to clean my computers fan, and RAM chip bus. Then, when I tried turing it back on, it wouldn't boot up. My OS would not boot up, and nothing would show on my screen. I checked for anything I must have unpluged, and re checked everything, but it's still not powering up. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think it has something to do with my RAM chip bus. SOmething musta burnt out. Any ideas would be perfect.

Qtips, and the motions of cleaning with the use of them, can introduce static electricity.
Go back to basics... the most fundamental setup you can create... power supply, video graphics port or card, one memory module, and a floppy disk with MSDOS or Windows 98 Boot/Startup, or if you have no hard drive, a boot to a CD-ROM such as Windows 98 or Windows ME. Boot to SAFE MODE if possible.
Does it boot? If not, you know you may have a problem. So change the optical drive, and try again./
If it does boot, change memory modules and try again. Still working?
Keep on adding one component at a time... then change to the hard drive, removing the discs from the floppy or opitcal drive.
Keep toying with the system to get something to boot, still keeping it as simple as you possibly can.
Progressively change and test. You can learn a lot in the process.

See, that's the thing. When the first screen pops up, after you boot up, where you can get into your BIOS and all that.. That doesn't even show up at all. I know the first hardware that boots up is your CD Drive, and it does that.. But, it doesn't boot up past that. So, your suggestion, I can not do, because I can not get my motherboard or har drive to power up enough. Maybe, it could be my power supply not giving enough power? But, my fan that's screwed to my processor is running, and is stable. So, I don't know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back