'Send Mail' issue with Incredimail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ros060

hi,
i have just started using incredimail xe email client. the software was successful in importing all the messages from OE and Outlook. and it retrieves messages from my yahoo mail a/c. the problem is i can't send any messages. it give me the error, that the server 'smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk' has failed to respond; try again later.
in the help section, it was advised to check the password and user name etc which i did. everything is ok.
i am wondering what could be the problem. any help would be appreciated.
cheers
ros

Hi

Try to ping the server. I just pinged that server and it is 100% working. Make sure you are using the right server.

Try the ping that to see what I'm talking about:

Press Start
Run
Type cmd
type ping smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk and press enter

You will see the statistics and it should be up and running.

That server "smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk" is a yahoo server right? What is the "incredimail xe email client" server.

That "smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk " is the receiving server for you to retrieve your yahoo mail.

Find out what is the outgoing server for "incredimail xe email client"

You should put that in for the outgoing server

Good luck. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Your ISP may be blocking SMTP traffic. Use the mail server of your ISP for outgoing mail.

A_DOG73 said:
Try to ping the server. I just pinged that server and it is 100% working. Make sure you are using the right server.

Try the ping that to see what I'm talking about:

Press Start
Run
Type cmd
type ping smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk and press enter

You will see the statistics and it should be up and running.

That server "smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk" is a yahoo server right? What is the "incredimail xe email client" server.

That "smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk " is the receiving server for you to retrieve your yahoo mail.

Find out what is the outgoing server for "incredimail xe email client"

You should put that in for the outgoing server

Good luck. Let me know if you have any more questions.

hey,
i tried this and it seems the server is fine. i am facing problem with OE as well. can u tell me where i can find the outgoing server for incredimail? i tried google but didn't get anything,
thanks for ur help.
cheers

You just put the ISP's SMTP server address in place of the "smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk".

The address of SMTP server of your ISP may be mentioned on the papers you got with your internet connection or somewhere on their website. You could just call them and ask too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back