separate wireless connections on 3 pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlatko

sorry about the thread title, just didn't know how to describe my question. here goes;

i have one pc at home and one at the office, both have pci wireless cards, the two are not connected, cause they are far away. buuut! i do have a laptop! so i basically want to turn on my laptop at home and want it to connect to my home pc, i also want to turn in it up at the office and want it to connect with the pc there.

trouble is, it won't do that! when i am at at the office i can setup the connection, network settings and everything works, but when i get home, the laptop won't connect to my home pc. i have to setup everything there again for it to establish a connection. but when i do that, it won't work on my office pc anymore.

i'm really stumped with this and i don't know what to do. is there anything i can do? could you point me to some guide where a similar situation is explained? can you give me some pointers? it will be highly appreciated cause i need my laptop to connect to my wireless connection on both home and office pc.

much obliged,

Vlatko

"setup the connection" means what? In theory, Windows should detect any wireless networks (including ad-hoc), notify you about them and offer to connect to them.

Better software (comes with better laptops and better wireless adapters ( I <3 IBM/Lenovo )) also allows you to store "network profiles", so you can switch between network setups in a matter of a few mouse clicks.

right now i tried the following, at office i set up a network called "wire", wrote down the keys, and set up the same network on the laptop, and it worked. then i got home and set up the same "wire" connection, entered the same key, on my home pc, didn't touch anything on the laptop, and it didn't work. i had to remake new network connections with different keys for the two to estblish a connection.

i have used windows for wireless connection on both the laptop and the 2 pcs. can i make those network profiles in windows?
i have a hp nx6125 laptop and 2 exactly the same asus wireless pci adpters on both home and work pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back