Serial ATA 150 HD, A7N8X Deluxe, WindowsXP QUICK QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtR-X

Hey guys, this is my first time using Serial ATA 150 HD. I plugged it in my mobo, etc. It is detected and such by my POST but then when I try to run Windows XP install, it won't go because it "didn't find a hard disk drive".

When I go to set up third party RAID or SCSI drive or whatever, it wants me to put in a floppy disk, my hard drive and motherboard didn't come with a single floppy.

A7N8X Deluxe 2.0
Athlon XP 3000+ 400Mhz FSB (set properly)
1GB PC3200 RAM (set properly and in DC)
120GB Serial ATA 150 HD 7200RPM 8MB Cache
More cooling than necessary

Please help out, I don't know how to install with a Serial ATA drive.

Please provide all logical explanations or solutions. I don't want to be disccussing for 5 days until we move on to the point.

Most users here don't have Serial ATA yet, but a good place to start would be to look in your bios for any Serial ATA settings that might help (e.g. set your Serial ATA drive as the first boot device etc.). Sorry I can't help much more than that, as I don't have Serial ATA yet.

Um, there is no option for settings Serial ATA drives first, or at least I don't know what it is. There is HDD-0, 1, 2, 3.

I don't think boot order would really matter on installation of Windows XP, it's still gonna find it right?

Thanks anyways Nic, appreciate it.

EDIT
I've tried HDD-1, 2, 3, 0 and nothing.

Ok, I've got it running. What happened was that ASUS didn't provide me with a floppy disc of the Silicon Image SATA drivers and stuff.

I found them off the CD, thanks anways.

It's always the same thing when you wish to install NT4/2K/XP & boot it from a drive that connected to a 3rd party chip on the mainboard ( Promise, Highpoint, SiliconeImage, etc... ).

Always have the files on the floppy ( make sure there's the TXTSETUP.OEM in the root of the floppy ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back