Serious bios/usb/keyboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I boot up my pc, the first thing that happens is it goes to the post screen. Then it asks you to press f1 to continue or delete to go to setup. This is how it has started up everytime, and I would just press f1 and continue with boot up successfully. Now all of a sudden, my wireless usb/keyboard doesnt work at all and neither does my wired usb or ps/2 keyboard. So, I can't even use my computer anymore because I can't get past the post screen. Any ideas?

One thing you could try -> which may not work since you can't get into BIOS to change boot order -> is to insert your windows CD and reboot, some setups will automatically detect the CD and boot from there. then see if you can do the repair option. If it does work though dont hit R at the first setup screen - hit enter then on the following screen press R and then enter

The other thing you could do is contact the manufacturer of your motherboard and download BIOS on another computer then try flashing it. Just ask them how to do that or search their FAQ's

Okay, I tried that, but it doesn't load the cd. I guess I have to change the boot order to do that. :(

Well the next thing I guess is flashing the bios huh.

Your first post in this thread throws suspicion on the USB hub.
Is the mobo able to accept a ps2 KB & mouse?
If that is not valid, then I suggest you disconnect all USB devices. Then reboot.
Next, is there a PCI USB card installed? Remove it & reboot.
Re-attach the wired USB KB & mouse; then reboot.
After that -- your next guess is good as mine.

My next guess - power supply.

check your power supply. You did not state any specs on your motherboard and hardware so it's anyone's guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back