serious hardlock problems (minidump logs included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These hardlocks stem primarily from world of warcraft, but I have also gotten these from running system scans (adaware being one of them)

However the problem goes beyond just hardlocking, after a hardlock and reboot, the system does not boot up, and no display is shown on screen. My system will only boot on a rare occasion, and once booted it will run fine as long as i don't load up world of warcraft or do the scans.

Here are 2 debug logs i took from my minidumps (1st one is from WoW) and i beleive the other was resulted from a system scan. Both done in the same day.

Would faulty RAM cause the system to not boot? or does it go deeper than that? perhaps a motherboard issue?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

One of the minidumps is crashed with three bytes memory corruption. Probably it is faulty ram or overheat. Check the temperature of the CPU and reseat memory stick to another memory slot.

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
!chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
80521340-80521342 3 bytes - nt!PpvUtilTestStartedPdoStack+a

[ d7 aa 15:00 00 00 ]
3 errors : !nt (80521340-80521342)
MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: LARGE
STACK_COMMAND: .cxr fffffffff7ce59cc ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE

It would seem now that my computer does not boot up at all...everything gets power, but it does not post up, my moniter does not display anything either. My vid. card fan had gotten a bit dirty, but it was always still running.

So is it possible my vid card just overheated and I didnt get any windows notification? as I remember my card was always under 40c when i was just sitting in windows.

This doesn't really explain the minidumps though...

When i checked cmos when my computer would actually boot up, my cpu was also in normal temp ranges, if not better than normal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back