Serious problem due to motherboard replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix87

hi friends i am new to this forum. i lke to brief myself but the time is short to my system. i am just a beginner to pc and every thing was fine untill my system was collapsed due to voltage fluc.. so i replaced my mother board and made my system running back again..

so as for the best i replaced my hdd , ram and serviced my graphic card dvd drive but still i am getting errors and instant restarts on installing windows xp sp2 version and on booting back it asks for digital signature which was not the case before the power fluc. and some app which i installed before are not installing now due to the digital sinature error.mine is a

core 2 duo 1.86
sata 160
1 gb ram
nvidia 7300gt
intel 946gzis mobo

there is mentioned some thing alng with my mobo about .net windows illegal . is it any thing new with digital sign in mobo. if so how to bypass it..

please help me..

I am a little confused by what you are saying. Did you reinstall Windows after replacing the motherboard? If not and it was the same motherboard, that is no problem. If the motherboard is not the same model, chance is you would need to or would experience problems.

OK First of all is this a branded system like an HP or Dell or something. And if so, are you using their CD? If you are using a regular XP CD then the .net framework shouldn't even be installing on the system so I don't get the .net error you are talking about. Have you installed other programs after the install that need the .net framework to run them? And if so are you getting a message that the operating system is an illegal copy and the .net framework can't be installed because of windows authentication? Or if it is a good copy, have you gone to windows update and installed the .net frameworks? Your post was somewhat vague. If you could offer a bit more info about your system it would be helpful.

friends..thanks for your interest

my system is not a branded ..it is a assembled one. i used a regular xp cd for installation.. the problem is my system crashes now and then even after a fresh installation.no app are installing cause it is crashing in that process

after the crashing i get many boot failure to windows and in "try boot without restart in failure in error (f8 option advance boot)" i get an error like below

*** stop : 0x0000007E ( 0x0000005,0xf746077e,0xf799cf48,0xf799cc44)
ACPI.SYS - adress f746077e base at f7453oo , datastamp 41107d27

and after leaving my system switched off for 20min and it boots to windows normally on powering on (peculiar)

the board i replaced is the same model which i got before .. it was a warranty replace from intel

i came to know about memtest and made a bootable disk and the fallowing results appeared . i am not able to judge any thing form this .. is this the fault of my processor?

can it be rectified ..
memtest - 86 v3.4 : pass 18% #######
intel core 2 1966 : test 3%#
l1 cache : 64k 32230 mb/s : test # [moving inversions , 32 bit patern]
l2 cache : 2048 13748 mb/s : testing : 120k-1015m 1014 m
memory : 1014m 2745 mb/s : pattern : 00000002

wall time cached rsvdmem memmap cache ecc test pass errors ecc errs
0:06:23 1014m 10m e820-std on off std 0 7 o

error confidence valve : 54 test errors
lowest error address : 000000004e9 (0.0mb) 0 0
highest error address : 000ffffffd (4095.9 mb) 1 0
bits in error mask : ffffffff 2 0
bits in error - total : 32 min : 1 max : 32 avg : 19 3 0
max contiguous error : 1 4 0
ecc correctable errors 5 4
errors per slot : 0:6 6 32767
7 0
8 0
9 0

i use 1 gb ram in one slot only

sorry, but looks as if at least the RAM in your system is damaged and must be replaced. Always take extreme anti-static precautions when handling motherboards, video cards and especially ram chips.

thank you...

may be it is .. is my processor ..ok?

do i hav to replace it too?

can any one tell me what is a ecc correctable error mentioned in the memtest above...

I doubt the CPU is damaged, they are pretty good at protecting themselves these days, but the Ram certainly seems to be. ECC is error correcting code, which is an attempt to correct for small random errors, and can apply to ram, hard disc, network communications. In your case, seems to relate to ram. That the system can boot after cooling also suggests an overheating problem with the CPU. Make sure the CPU is bedded tightly to the heat sink with fresh paste.

Since ecc errors also pertain to hard disks, do a thorough hard disk test. If you are unfamiliar with this, go my computer, right click c: drive, choose properties, tools tab, check volume for errors, check automatically fix errors and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

It will tell you it can't until it has rebooted, and when it does, it will start in a Dos-like mode and run for hours and hours.....you just have to accept that it needs doing this once.

thanks for the idea man..

you see i made a complete test to my HDD which seatool which is for sata and the results were good..

and on speaking about the ram i made a windows memory diagnostic test .. and got a result in the long test mode that

two test were of failure they are

wstride-6 (cache enabled)
LRAND (cache enabled)

can anybody say what these error states?

there is something common in the both the test

is there any other cache associated rather than the cpu cache?

cache associated in the both test resulted in errors was a bit more or less than the expected valve (16 bit number)

can i come to a conclusion that my cpu is bad and fail data path?

or anything other than that?

get new ram.

get new ram.

it really sounds like some testing has revealed that your ram is not good anymore.
[most likely due to static from being handled without a lot of antistatic concern - this is really the likely problem if you are now in a cold climate - static is more of a problem in cold weather.]

if your ram is no good, there is nothing you can do to fix it. the error message is irrelevant.

learn how to control static when you work on your computer. with the computer off, you can simply have a piece of wire rubber-banded around your forearm and wrapped around some part of the computer case. Also, touch the computer case a lot. this works for me, but then again it never really gets too cold where i live.

hopefully you can catch a good deal somewhere on ram!

finally i figured out that the windows diagnostic test was a sucess when i performed it immediatly after the cold booting and after certain time of running cpu the two test mentioned above becomes a failure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back