Serious Startup Proplem! Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

weslstan

I dont know what has happened.
I turned on my computer today and I got this screen as usual...

Which is usualy follow by the Windows Xp loading screen but all I got was a black screen with a white flashing line in the top left hand corner.

I did put some new ram in before I turned it on and gave it a bit of a clean as it was dusty but I cant see how either of those things could have done this!

It doesnt seem to be reading any hardware either, except the monitor, but its recieving no signal from the keyboard.

Please help!

Thanks,
wes

Have you taken out the ram you just installed to see if the computer will boot? Are you using compatible ram with what you already had?

Hello, Yes It is the right ram but I thought I better take it out and test it but I still recieved the same error.
Any idea why its not reading any hardware? Should I check all connections are tight and secure?
Or what about creating a windows xp startup floppy?

Check It~xxdj~

Remove the Ram! Place the old one. Then start again. If it works works your new ram have a problem. THen check again put you new ram without old. Check again.

I just said that xxdj, I removed the ram and kept the old one in and it still didnt work.... Please help..I cannot use my computer atall

Pull the cmos battery for five minutes - power down, unplug, press power button, open case, pulll battery, wait, reverse actions.

If you had a Sata setup (raid or ahci) you will need to set up your bios again - doesn't affect the hard drive or OS itelf.

You could also try to set the BIOS to either of the default settings - try fail-safe first and it the thing boots you are in the right area.
Are you sure you did not disturb anything in the case when fitting/removing the memory or cleaning it out?
cheers

Check This Out!

Well try this...Remove the Ram. Clean the contact with eraser,,, better the white eraser. Old tricks might be work.

QUOTE=weslstan]I just said that xxdj, I removed the ram and kept the old one in and it still didnt work.... Please help..I cannot use my computer atall[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back