server probs, farcry, ideas pleaseeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekade

hey fellas! firstly thank you so much with all your help with my comp turning off issue! now, i have the game FARCRY... and i love it :) when i got it i only had dial up and couldnt play it online....now ive got broadband and i cant! argh!

i downloaded the patch for it to play it online..and even when i had dial up i knew it worked, coz i had tried playing it, it was just tooo slow.

now ive got broadband..and i open it up, log on to ubi soft, all the servers appear...now EVERY server that i click onto to join the game..it says
"disconnected from server"
"you have been kicked!!!"

dudes...im going CRAZY. i neeed to play people!!

Never played Far Cry online myself, but if this is happening then it is likely that:

A) Your CD key could be compromised (did u buy it 2nd hand)

B) You need some kind of anti-cheat thing running (ie Punkbuster)

C) You need to reinstall Far Cry and patch it from scratch

D) You exceed the max ping for the server or server is full - remember that refreshing the servers only gives you info for a single instance and that the server may fill between hitting refresh and joining

E) Most likely - you have an out-of-date version - really make sure you have patched the game with the correct and most up-to-date patch

All the above have happened to me on other games, and these are the most common reasons as to why they happen. Sorry i can't be of more help but if you could be more specific (if possible) then I could maybe provide some more in-depth help.

...also you may want to contact Ubisoft for tech support - your account may be flagged/banned for some reason... maybe inactivity

farcry

hey thanks for your reply!

ok well uninstalled it, and reinstalled the whole game. and patched it with all the updates and ****....i have created a new account, and the cd i bought was brand new. it has punk buster enabled....and it still keeps doing it... i clcik on a server, a pop up comes up and says " disconnected from server"
"kicked"
and thats it! *pouts*

hmm, interesting. OK, I reckon it could be a punkbuster problem. I had this with Battlefield 1942 some time ago. Basically, I would get booted out of servers after about 5 mins of play. The problem was that punkbuster's in-built auto-updater decided it wasn't gonna work anymore. It meant I had to manually update it, but this still didn't work. Reinstalling and patching the game from scratch worked though.

So let's just hope you have more success at manually updating PB seeing as reinstalling etc doesn't work for you.

I reckon it's PB because you are connecting to a server and being kicked - not losing the connection but actually kicked. You should try playing on a non-PB server if there are any... if it works then you know for sure it's PB.

Hope this helps...

oh yeah, unfortunately i can't remember how to update PB manually, but I'm sure if you google it you'll find out how

have

have you tried other games with broadband because it happens with me on counter strike and other games and still is happening i think because i could play online when i had dial up my broadband router has a firewall??? it also happens with msn messenger and other thingz like it

Sorry for intruding...really I am, but I was hoping someone would be able to help me understand IP mapping. I am installing DC++ and I am not sure what that is and if I should install it. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Your problem is likely with PB, you definatley need to reinstall it cause sometimes it will do a hardware ban, that is, it will kick you out of games based on the MAC addess of certain harware that you have. Play another game like the battlefield 2 demo that uses punkbuster, and see if you can join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back