service pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew19

what's the quickest way to get back on to windows xp service pack 2 coufl i do a roll back from a restore point or via the internet.

i need to get back on to sp2 quickly so i can talk to people again as sp1 has lost all of the dll files

hum; without DLLs, it is likely that you can't do much IF ANYTHING, but
a hispeed Internet connection + microsoft update should bring both SP2 and
all the service updates at one time.

How did you get on SP1? Did you do a windows Repair or uninstall sp2 via the control panel? Like Jobeard said....Download SP2 and attempt a reinstall. If you encounter an error at that point I would say your windows is really messed up and you can reinstall windows or attempt a windows repair.

Good Luck

no it was for my wireless internet someone said to uninsatll sp2 and they said that it would work with sp1 they also said it worked for them

sure, that's what they said, but your experience is different! :(

sorry you followed bad advice.

Really all you probable had to do is turn off the firewall and would of been the same as uninstalling SP2. Firewall can sometimes block internet if not setup properly. Have you found a way to reinstall your SP2. I would say windows update would be your best best or do a google for it. I'm sure you can download it from other places too.

Far as I know only 2 ways you can get sp2 , windows update and order it on cd from Microsoft. I ordered mine due to having at the time 70+ WS to update.

must have changed, as I downloaded it and did the upgrade myself.

I would not be surprise at all if that's the case today.

ok i am at that point now where i so want to got back on windows xp sp2 i have tryed to find my windows start up disk but haven't found it. now what can i do

So have you gone to Windows Update yet? Are you saying it wouldn't download or install?

right ok doen that but i'ts say i need internet explorer 5 or later so i have tryed to download it and nothing happens

I didn't quite understand what you said but have you tried Windows Update yet? You know, in Internet Explorer under "Tools."

By the way, you have to use Internet Explorer to use Windows Update. If you are using another browser such as Firefox, it won't work. If you try, it will give you that error message saying you need IE 5 or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back