Setting HD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have been wondering, i really don't know how the SATA works, i have my sata and my old IDE HD

I installed manually the cables as IDE and it is a pretty old ones

It has 9 pins
and i wanna set the IDE as the secondary. Whenever i just put to check the Bios, it appears that my IDE goes primarly and my Sata goes Secondary. I don't have pins in this IDE, but only ONe as the following Picture:

HDD.JPG

I really really wish to make the IDE HD as secondary and the SATA as rimary, both stores information and my stuffs i need.

Thanks for the advancing responses

SATA does not have master or slave settings.
Set your IDE as master.
I don't recommend mixing these types of drives and I have presented my arguments before on techspot. Others will diasgree.
Ensure you have your SATA drivers.

well I am not going to argue, but u should be able to go into the BIOS and select what windows will boot from, it may take a few minutes, but just go into the BIOS, select which u would like to boot to, read the instruction on the side of the screen and start to mess with it if u stay in there working with it for a while u will figure it out, also this can be selected when installing windows by where u put windows.

sata + ide is a maybe yes, maybe no proposition -- depending upon your mobo.

Most modern motherboards are equipped with connectivity for 2 sata drives and the
usual IDE complement of room for 4 ide devices. Therefore most people can run 6 devices
note that each sata connector MUST NOT be shared.
You may only connect 0 - 2 sata devices and 0 - 4 IDE devices.
If you need more devices you can add more device controllers in a PCI slot and
you can add data storage devices as USB devices.

If you get crazy don't forget to upgrade your power supply.
There are two things to keep in mind, do not overload your power supply or
strange difficult problems will begin to occur and make the correct BIOS settings for
your data storage device complement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back