Setting up DI-624

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been running off of a D-Link router for some time, and it has worked fine. I recently came into ownership of a laptop and wanted to have it on my network but wanted it wireless. As such I went and purchased the DI-624 "Air Plus Xtreme-G". I tried hooking up my hardwired network to the new router and it refuses to pick up my other PCs. It says that I have to set it up and it requires verification of my internet and it will not verify that I HAVE internet. I'm not sure what's wrong when I'm moving my cables from and to the same ports on both routers.

Can anyone give me an idea of what's wrong?

For a bit of background. I used Dynamic IP resolving with my old router and am trying to use it with the new one. I'm using Verizon DSL and the router suggests that most DSL users use "PPoE" (Or some such gibberish, I don't know)
But that it requires verification from the internet company, and I don't have my account information readily available.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Bump for help. This is an expensive problem ^^; If anyone needs any clarification as to what's going on, let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Oh well, looks like we're taking the router back. I don't know what the heezy's wrong, and apparently neither does anyone here.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to view the post :D

Uhm.. Screw the router's advice and tell it to use dynamic IP configuration?

Or just call Verizon and they will kindly walk you through the router setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back