Setting up network for games

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 2 computers one with xp home the other with pro. i can not see the other computer.i can not play games with it eather. :hotbounce

Ok make sure you have installed every thing right and have you gone throw the add a network if not do that. :hotouch:

also make sure you have set permisions on the files you have shared. for example run the network setup wizard and make sure file and printer sharing is enabled. are you wired or wireless???

Most games don't require your machines to be able to see each other's files. They almost all connect to each other through IP connections. As long as you have a router handing out DHCP addresses your machines should be on the same subnet allowing ip connections to occur.

You just need to make sure you don't have any static IP's. If you do, then make sure all machines on the network have unique IPs in the same subnet.

Just turning on file and printer sharing without thought of security is a bad idea. If you intend to share files among the machines that is a different subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back