Setting Up User Accts/Desktop Appearence

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassy

I need to setup 7 user accounts on XP-Pro. I would like to setup the desktop (icons) for 1 account and transfer that to the other accounts. This would save alot of time!!! I've tried to copy the profile (system>advance>user profiles>copy), but that gave me a default desktop with no icons/shortcuts. Is this even possible? I have to do this to 24 boxes, but once I get 1 box setup I plan to use the XP utility F.A.S.T. to copy to the other boxes. Am I on the right track? Thanks.

XP supports a Default user profile and a Mandatory user profile that can be setup prior to any User loggin on to that machine .But the explaination of the proper use of these items is really extensive (Definitely too much for me to type)
Is this for a Domain or a Workgroup?
You do this the Quickest using Group Policy under Administrative Tools and only on XP Pro.
I gather that you are setting up a Domain .Window Server would really be the best , especially when you Rollout to 24 machines.

Thanks. I'll take a look in group policies - I'm familar with gpedit - is there something I should be looking for to help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back