Setup Thunderbird, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

Ok, I know this might be the foolish/noobish question I have ever ask...

I want to use Thunderbird (mail client base) and connect it to my yahoo mail, but I did not accomplish it...

I've went through the Account Wizard and follow the instruction but some I'm afraid I might have given the wrong Information on "Server Information" Section... perhap the reason Thuderbird didn't connect to my yahoo.mail and retrieve the mail I wanted...

So what do I have to fill in the "Server Information" which containing "POP" and "IMAP" Options... I'm lost, for I have never setup this before...

I've also notice, it didn't ask for any password? isn't that just weird?

I believe you need the Plus service to get access to Yahoo! via POP3.

You get all the details you need from Yahoo! mail website.

Plenty of free email-providers. Look for 'free email in xxxx' where xxxx is your country/state/city.
Been with one (in Ireland) for 6 years and have yet to receive my first spam!
Why don't you get Gmail from Google?

RealBlackStuff said:
Plenty of free email-providers. Look for 'free email in xxxx' where xxxx is your country/state/city.
Been with one (in Ireland) for 6 years and have yet to receive my first spam!
Why don't you get Gmail from Google?

Thank for the suggestion, appreciated... Do Gmail support the use of Thunderbird without paying extra services?

Anyway the question I haven't had the answer is where do I obtain the information from to fill the blank ie: (smtp.blahblah.com, and this POP thinggy, because if I do not fill this blank, it simply do not allow me to create the account in Thunderbird which in this case I can't use Thunderbird); I'm not sure if you'll understand what I'm tryin to get, but it real confusing when I have never setup this web base mail client things...

Yes gmail has free pop support. And it has details on how to set it up. You can PM me your email address and I will send you an invite. In there you can set everything up how you need to.

poertner_1274 said:
Yes gmail has free pop support. And it has details on how to set it up. You can PM me your email address and I will send you an invite. In there you can set everything up how you need to.

Thankx poertner_1274, I'm PMing you... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back