Several .dll errors in IE and Mozilla, Several Blue screens, and many program quits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I'd built my computer, I have been getting erros in internet explorer. These would pop up at completely random intervals (although it seemed to be more often when I loaded intensive pages). They would take the guise of problems that are all attributed to many things. mshtml.dll, ntdll.dll, wininet.dll, and a few other .dll files have been the error causing agents in the "more info" on the error popup. I have also had many blue screen errors such as bad_pool_caller, irql_not_less_or_equal, and page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, to name a few.

When I started getting these errors, I tried to look them up, but I found several different reasons for errors. Many errors had different problems such as various installed components, leading my to believe that it was a RAM error. I bought a PNY stick at BB and swapped it. Still got the errors. I then returned the PNY stick and bought an ULTRA X-Connect PSU. I tested it again, and I still got the same errors. Then, a new devvelopment occurred. I tried doing a repair install, but it errored halfway through, saying that a certain file could not be copied.

This lead me to wonder if my WINXP Home Edition cd was defective. This would pretty much explain why the .dll files didn't write correctly, and it would also explain why the errors occurred during the setup process. I was wondering if this was possible. I was also wondering that if this was the case if there was any way that I could get a replacement cd. The purchased copy is about a year old, but I have all of the box's contents. My friend suggested warez, but I'd rather not go that way.

This is a computer I built, but I have not overclocked it or tweaked the voltages in any way.

Can anyone help me?

Hah

I actually already thought about it, but upon exploring their web page, it seems that they want almost 100$ for any form of tech help.

That'd break the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back