Severe lag with online gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this isn't a typical "you need more memory excuse". I have a geforce 7950 gt, ram is fine, processor is fine, all of it is fine, because only a month ago, I was playing this game online with no lag whatsoever. And NO, it isn't the game or server I'm playing on.

I've disabled firewalls, enabled UPNP, went to DSL reports, things seemed ok there. I haven't had this problem since Best Buy installed a new hard drive and they stopped a few programs from starting up when I start Windows. That and I installed the 7950 gt around the same time.

So yes, my computer CAN play this game, I have no idea what I can do. Any help is appreciated, as every other forum has offered advice that was beneficial. Thank you.

so your saying that these probs began after installing your new gfx card?

if so, have you checked the cards' support site to see if there is a list of compatible games?

In particular, what game(s) are you having trouble with?

Have you attempted to adjust graphics settings lower to see if thats the prob? sometimes client progs dont contain all the textures and other data.

I'm just reaching for options here. Be sure to check the games' website for compatability issues with your new equipment, the answers could be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back