Sharing CD Rewriter Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredericklee

Hi,

I have 2 PCs sharing through a router, and I have share my DVD Rom and CD Rewriter Drive from my 1st PC with my 2nd PC. I can access the files on my 2nd PC with the disk place in the 2 drives which is at my 1st PC.

The problem is, can I burn CD from my 2nd PC with Nero install there. I tried but Nero could not detect my CD REwriter Drive. Is there a way to burn CD from my 2nd PC using the drives from my 1st PC?

Oh, I'm using Windows XP for both my PCs.

Thanks for all your reply
Frederick

I don't think this is possible, unless you can somehow MAP that rewriter drive to your 2nd computer. I have run into problems like this when trying to burn songs or something from other computers, it simply doesn't work.

You have to copy all the songs to your computer then burn them.

I have a feeling this is going to be the same way. You will probably just have to create a shared folder on you 1st machine that you can upload files to and then goto that PC and burn them to a CD.

I might be totally wrong about this, but I am pretty sure this is how it will have to work.

I would say try to map the CD-RW network drive. How you can do that I don't know, but it would be awfully cool if you could!

Why exactly do you need to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back