Sharing Files and Folders/Remote Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkspartan91

i would like to know if there is a way within windows to share a file or folder with another person at a different location without them having to be in my network, like lets say a friend can see my folders from his house or somthing

And also another question is there a way i can setup remote assistance so that at anytime i can view my friends computer or he can view mine without having to keep sending invites?

thanks for any response :D

darkspartan91 said:
i would like to know if there is a way within windows to share a file or folder with another person at a different location without them having to be in my network, like lets say a friend can see my folders from his house or somthing

And also another question is there a way i can setup remote assistance so that at anytime i can view my friends computer or he can view mine without having to keep sending invites?

thanks for any response :D

If you have XP install MSN Messenger Live., it allows the setting up of a sharing folder so you can put multiple files in it and share it with users rather than sending one file at a time,

As for setting up a permanant remote assistance, it would be a security risk to have something like this on a PC, suggest you consider a seperate program such as Dameware Mini remote, or Netop or similar.

Regards

You can also use network magic software. I use it at home and I have no problems.

You can share drives, folders,printers etc. It will tell you when other devices hae attached to your network and tell your their systems name, ip and mac address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back