shift key popped out on keyboard

By hockeyplayer15 ยท 4 replies
Dec 30, 2006
  1. I searched and found out how to re-attach it, and i could see how, but does anybody have a tip to get the middle plastic part to attach to the metal latch? I doubt model matters, but its an inspiron 9300, and i can only get the bottom to connect to the keyboard. Any help is appreciated.
  2. Tedster

    Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,002   +15

    it's better just to replace it. keyboards are relatively cheap.
  3. hockeyplayer15

    hockeyplayer15 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    true, i might end up doing that, i can temporarily just touch the circle if i desperately need to use it, or use the right shift key.
  4. SNGX1275

    SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,742   +421

    Aren't Inspirons laptops? Replacing on that isn't cheap, I don't know how they go on, but you should be able to find somewhere online that knows.
  5. hockeyplayer15

    hockeyplayer15 TS Rookie Topic Starter

    I looked around, ebay, dell's site... I can get the keyboard for anywhere from $15-25, and the installation is simply a matter of screws and a ribbon cable attached to the mobo. It shouldn't be too hard to do from what I have gathered, but I still would rather get that damn shift key back in.

    p.s. yes, its the 9300 laptop
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...