Should a LCD Flicker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekieNick101

Hey Everybody,
My Dell laptop's LCD screen flickers now and then and I didnt think LCD screens could flicker. This laptop is about 3 to 4 weeks old. And always did flciker since I got it so do you think it is defective because my last laptop didnt flicker and neither does my desk LCD mointer. I never thought they did flicker I thought that was CRT only. Thank you so much

A LCD screen shouldn't flicker. Even if they're running @ 60 hertz, they don't flicker at all.

Maybe that screen is defective :(

Just what I thought Thank you very much, I been usng LCD'S for a while and never had one flicker now I know CRT's can but not LCD's and I dont even think they would factory set it to 60 hertz, I didnt change it so its factory from dell so im using it is defective it wouldnt surprise me if it was, Dell assembled my desktop incorrectly. Well thank you so much for your help

Yes it is set at 60 hertz and thats the only options it has, it is a 15.4 widescreen, i guess I have to call techs upport so I can get a new one its under warranty...

It should be running at its native resolution, and shouldn't flicker at all. My monitor was factory set @ 60HZ, and it's looking beautiful. I no longer need to set it @ 75HZ. 60 HZ is ideal for LCD monitors.

And yes, maybe you need to get it replaced.

Regards :wave:

Ok Thank you, Im on hold trying to get a Dell tech now Thank you everyone, I'll post a reply to what the Dell tech said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back