Should I buy now? or wait?

By aaron655
Jan 16, 2008
  1. Hi there,

    How are you all doing? I am not a very PC literate person, but in the hopes of building an OK machine for rendering and gaming, I've come to teach myself a little bit about PCs.

    I've got around $1500AUD ($1400USD) to spend on a system.

    At the moment, with the current avaliable options on the market, I think I can equip myself with something like:

    Decent mobo
    Q6600 Quad Core Intel CPU
    DDR2 4gb ram
    8800 GTS 512
    500 gigs storage

    I do plan on getting a Dell 24" wide truecolour monitor sometime along the tracks in the future...

    I have been reading some articles and have noticed the 9800 GX2 being released in about a months time.

    And with DDR3 memory about to surge into the market...

    my question is, should I hold onto the money and wait?
    Wait for at least the 9800 GX2 to be released, and hopefully even maybe get DDr3 ram on an able motherboard?

    Or should I just get with what I can now with the 8800 GTS 512?

    I do plan on using this machine for a lot of rendering on 3D studio max, CAD, photoshop as well as gaming (of course).

    Can I please get some advices?

  2. kimsland

    kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,523

  3. Blind Dragon

    Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

    yea, there is always going to be something new that is coming out. if you wait to get that the next big thing will be getting ready to release.

    Also don't forget case and PSU to push all that
  4. sledgus

    sledgus TS Rookie Posts: 115

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...