Should I stick with CRT or go LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffdaddy110

I currently have 21 inch NEC monitor and I love it, but it's a monster. I do play alot of games, but with my current setup I can't enjoy 1600 X 1200 resolutions anymore on the newer games (F.E.A.R). I'm looking to build a new computer, AMD X2 4800, and a 7800 GTX. I was wanting to buy the Viewsonic VP930, but since I'm used to my current monitor I was wondering if I would still enjoy surfing and gaming by downgrading (so to speak) to an LCD. I'm just asking for opinions or suggestions. I know I have a great, but huge, monitor now, and the Viewsonic monitor is probably one of the best 19 inch LCD's around.

I switched from a 19" viewsonic CRT to a 19" sony LCD earlier this year. the sony has a 12ms response time and I have seen no blurring or ghosting in games or movies. I really like the LCD, it is much easier on my eyes than the CRT. if you are an avid gamer I would look for a LCD with at least 12ms, and preferrably 8ms response times.

The only criteria is your own eyes. Try out the LCD - either borrow one from somewhere or find a friendly shop that lets you bring back stuff.

Keep in mind that a LCD will look good only at its native resolution so you will lose image quality if you run games at different resolutions.

LCD also looks bad in brightly lit or dark environments so there will be less joy in a sunlit room or during a movie night.

The native resolution shouldnt be a big problem ,just run the game at the native resolution , its usually the best anyway, But yes the lighting is weird the further away you are the harder it is to see. but not many people use there comp 2 metres away from the moniter anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back