Should I wait for Core 2 Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyKellogg

Hey guys.
Intel is coming out with a new CPU as you all know. I am in need of a new PC but I'm wondering if I should wait for the CPU to hit retail or just go with AMD FX series. I'm putting $3000 on this machine so I want to use it as long as possible.
Thank you

you should certanly wait for Conroe's to come out.
dough i don't trust the benchmarks made on conroe because i saw an intel 3.8 VS FX-60 and they said Intel had a 30% performance over amd.(tested by intel officials).
so don't expect conroe beeing godlike processors.

I would wait for conroe, I like AMD CPU's but I am not impressed with the chipsets available for them.

THanks for the reply guys.
Umm...just when is it out tho? Well actually i know noone's certain about it. Well I'll wait. when the conroe does come out, will there be mobo ready as well?
Thanks

Conroe is supposed to be available to OEM makers last week of july, intel says that the CPU's will be available for retail purchase 4-6 weeks after that. the intel 975 chipset allready supports conroe. and a few makers like Abit have stated that some of their 865 chipset mobo's will also support conroe. plus the new 965 chipset will be available when conroe is launched in july.

i wouldnt spend 3000 dollars on a computer knowing that in just 3 years something better will come out, spend like 1500 and you can get a very good comp. you can get a nice cpu for about 400 and that will last long. the newer cpu's arent dramatically different than the current top line cpus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back