Should i wait for vista to come out to build my new pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsskater892

Hi, Ive finally saved up the 1400$ to build my new computer, and cant wait! but now im faced with the decision of buying everything now and getting windows xp professional, which comes with the vista update for free, or waiting until vista comes out and buying my computer then. Which will be better? thanks alot! -Nick

personally I would wait on vista.
1. It's brand new, been rushed to the market, and will have tons of bugs and patches
2. If you can do what you want with XP, why bother?
3. Little software takes advantage of vista, and you can bet there will be compatibility problems with vista and older software, even if M$ claims otherwise.

I personally wouldn't wait for Vista, but I AM waiting for DX10. Yesterday I was doing a bit of reading up on DX10 and I am convinced that it is a HUGE difference (note this mainly only applies to gamers).

There are not yet any games utilizing the DX10 (the 8800 cards are on the market however), but once the games start coming out people without DX10 systems will be screaming.

Also from what I have read, the Dx10 cards (the 8800 for example) require a monster of a CPU in order to really run well. So, if you need to get a new system now, I'd highly recommend getting a C2D cpu with a PCIe slot for graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back