Should I wait on getting a DirectX 10 Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsskater892

Hi, I just got vista, and right now I have the geforce 7950gt videocard. It supernice, but being a gamer, I want to get a directx 10 card. My question is since they are relatively new, they are very pricey, So should I wait a few months to get one? Im guessing in a few months the price will drop tremendously and the performence will go way up. But thats all a guess and I could be completly wrong. thanks alot -Nick

Does anybody know when R600 is gonna be released? They're ATi's new cards, but I haven't found a release date yet.

They might give nVidia some competition.

BTW, how is the capitalization in "nvidia"?

even if they give them some competition, Im an Nvidia person.

But is it true about what AMD did? about making nvidia cards slower on their motherboards because they now own ati?

I don't know. If I had the money and was building a system, I'd put in an 8800GTX, cuz that and it's slightly slower brother, the 8800GTS, are the only DX10 cards on the market. but if I was on any kind of budget, I might wait, as R600 is gonna have DX10 support (I think).

I don't really know, but I'd wait, cuz more are hopefully gonna be released soon.

Regards :)

yeah, still not sure what im gonna do, because the main problem is that my current card is decreasing in value and I wanted to sell it in order to pay for part of the new one

Ifyou want the best card, wait for the R600. It is apparently going to be about 1.5x better than the 8800GTX. I forget the exact stats, but it has a 512-bit memory bus and GDDR4 memory with 140.1 GB/s memory bandwidth, and I believe it also has a unified shader architecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back