Shows New Hardware found when nothing added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpion_1112

K so here it goes, a few days back, all of a sudden my LAN card was not showing up in the Device Manager... although it was plugged in nicely but still not showing up.

Instead it started showing, new hardware found... but when i tried to install my LAN card's driver for it, it said windows could not find better drivers.. In order to use internet somehow, i decided to forcefully add the LAN Card as new hardware by "Add new hardware wizard" and forcefully choose a LAN card as new hardware.

Then in the network settings i tried to keep the same IP and settings for this new "Local Area Connection 2" but it said, the same IP adress is already in use by another device "SURECOM EP-320X-S 100/10M Ethernet PCI Adapter" (this is the name of my LAN card). But this was not showing up in Device Manager.

Then aftet 2-3 days, somehow (i really dont know how), the old card showed up in Device manager and i am using internet through it. Then i removed "Local Area Connection 2"

But the problem is, now every time my computer boots up it shows "New Hardware found" and then its not able to find any apt drivers for it.

so how can i get rid of this?

Thanks, i tried this yesterday and it did work... windows no longer shows new hardware found at boot up... but is there anyway i can remove this thing from list? When right click and choose uninstall it says "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer" (and yes, it appears as a network adapter. I ma attaching a screen shot... maybe that will help. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back