Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer sometimes shuts off by itself, and i dont know how to correct the problem. i'm not sure if it's just certin programs or what but i'm about to throw my computer out the window.any advice on how to fix this problem

Possible causes:
Loose connection.
Dodgy or small PSU.
Overheating.

Corrupt software if it happened with the same program.

hhmm

well what kind of info do u need? because this is really starting to tick me off real bad. ....
well i bought my computer back in september/04. it's a touch system, pentium 4 i suppose, radeon 9100IGP um i dont know to much about computers, i guess i know about enough to keep it going. i tried to reformay it and ended up with two operating systems, but i had this problem before i tried to reformat, oh ya and i running XP.

Go here and download Everest Home (free edition). When you run this is will provide plenty of info on your machine. Then fill in the details in your profile. This should give us some ideas.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

When you say your system shuts off, do you mean it reboots, or totally shuts down?

If your system is rebooting by itself, then do the following. Right click my computer, and select properties, then the advanced tab. Under startup and recovery, click on settings, and untick the box that says automatically restart. Click ok, apply, ok.

Now restart your system. Now instaed of your system rebooting itself when there`s a problem, you should receive an error message telling you what caused the problem.

Pay particular attention to any drivers identified in the stop error.

If you don`t understand the stop error, then please post the message you get including all the numbers.

It could be something as simple as a faulty driver, or something more serious, like fauly ram, psu etc.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back