Side Window mod to thermaltake xaser 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellomoto

Hi all,

I have a blue thermaltake xaser 3 case without a side window. I was wandering whether anybody knew of any other case windows that i could buy without having to mod my own. I heard a rumour that chieftec side panels fit the xaser 3 range...can anybody verify that for me. Or does anyone know where i can get a blue thermaltake xaser 3 side panel with window.

If this thread doesnt come up with any answers then i will have to do the mod myself...im just a bit worried that i will **** it up, thats all.

any ideas would be great thanks... :haha:

My friend brought his Xaser over one day and I believe I recall the case being slightly longer (deeper) than my Chieftec.

You're right to not want to mod your Xaser, I cut my friends window out larger with my dremel and I went through 2 HD discs on maybe 20 inches of metal :)

If you do decide to cut your own, just make alot of passes, like maybe 5 passes per cut. That or use a rotozip or a pneumatic :)

you can goto a hardware store (or home depot, etc.) and buy sheet metal sheers. Unless you cut from the side, you will have to grind (or drill and file) a hole/slot to start cutting from, once that's done, just cut the window to whatever size you wish.

another option is to buy a sheet of plexiglass/acrylic, cut it to the same size as the side panel, and just use that instead. you can use small "L" brackets and sheet metal screws to hold it on

You're not going to find anyone selling JUST their side windows, no. If you have no experience with metal cutting, i suggest you don't do it for obvious reasons, lol. But if you do have experience or just want to do it anyway, awesome, tell us how it goes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back