Simple Scenario - Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

This isn't true, but it might happen sometime in the future.

Say that you have a whole pc built and functional. You want to change your processor (type A) to something your old motherboard doesn't support. So you get a new motherboard that supports your new CPU (type B) and all your old parts.

You install the 2 new parts (mobo and cpu) and nothing runs. Doesn't start up. Nothing. So, you know that it is either your CPU or your motherboard.

But - how do you know exactly whether it is one or the other or both? Especially if you don't have a spare processor of the new type (type B).

(This might happen when I change my motherboard and CPU to a conroe setup, reusing my ram, hdd, gfx card, dvd, floppy, case, and powersupply).

Take the new cpu to your local pc repair shop and have them test it for you. This should only cost a few dollars.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
Take the new cpu to your local pc repair shop and have them test it for you. This should only cost a few dollars.

Regards Howard :)
Oh, so they can test it for me in one of their systems? That's cool, I didn't know they have that kind of service :). Would certainly make my life easier!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back