Simple upgrade....Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All!!
Working on a mates' system just a simple upgrade. Well, installed new Intel P3 866FC chip,fan,256mb RAM,DVD R/W, 120GB HD checked all connections and seatings. Turned on power and fan, DVD, LEDs work but everything else...Nothing. No posting, no HD bootup etc. Looked up mobo manufacturer, jumper settings and related, to no avail. Chip is correct, RAM matches and is seated. I have a feeling it may be power related but uncertain. Also, I replaced the old chip, to no avail. That is a first. According to my mate there were no initial problems, just an upgrade.
I'd like to repair this on my own before class on Thursday,26,2005!!! I've performed upgrades before w/o problems so this is a good challenge for me!!
But, I'm still in training so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanx!! :bounce:

ahh, good man. now attempt booting the system with MINIMAL components hooked up (disconnect hard drives, cdroms, extra cards). just so long as you have power, the cpu, ram, video, and a keyboard.
if unsuccessful i'd try resetting the bios and repeating above step.

The only precaution one needs to take against static discharge is to touch the case before and during component installation. Wrist bands are a waste of money. However, it is better to err on the side of caution.

Have you verified that this processor is functional and that your motherboard supports 133mhz FSB processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back