Sims 2 failed to find compatible graphics adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi please please help I am having problems with sims 2 I keep getting the message
failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in this system. Make sure you have direct x 9.0c compatible graphics adaptor and you have installed the latest drivers provided by your manufacturer.

I have installed directx 9.0c I can't seem to get the graphics card I've checked the name and its
sis 650
I keep going to loads of sites and they all want say download a free driver scan. I do that, then they say I need about 6 drivers none of them seem to be the one I think I need then they say there is a fee of £30 to pay. When I check under dxdiag it says
hardware accelarated direct 3d 9+ is not available because the display driver does not support it.

Can someone please help as I wanted this installed for my son's birthday. Please explain in as much detail as possible as my brain is now fried. After spending all day yesterday trying to download

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What you probably need is to upgrade you graphics card in order to play that game.

Before you attempt to do that, we need to know what system you have and what it`s specs are.

If you have an oem system such as Dell/HP/Gateway etc, please give us the model number.

If it`s a custom built system, we need to know the system specs.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

hi thanks for quick reponses
its a packard bell
model I MEDIA 5055
INTEL celeron 2 2 ghz
ram 256 mb ddr
hard disk 60 gb
motherboard columbia
sound chip stero
modem kbps v.92
is this enough information?
if not where to get I get what you want to know
thanks

hi M
I downloaded that graphics driver already where should I have unzipped it to I saved it to my cd

You can get all the drivers for your system HERE.

Download this driver HERE and save it to wherever you want. Once the download is complete, simply double click on the .exe file and the installtion should start. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if that helps with the game problem.

Regards Howard :)

Howard
wow SUCCESS IT WORKS I CAN'T BELEIVE IT I THOUGHT I'D NEVER GET IT WORKING.
Thank you so much YOUR WONDERFUL it works I wish I had found this site yesterday instead of spending the whole day trying to find a download to make it work I spent hours downloading stuff. This took about 15 minutes and the problem was fixed
My son will be so please
thanks again
helen

That`s great news.

It`s Mictlantecuhtli who should get the credit, as I actually thought you would`ve needed a graphics card upgrade in order to play the game.

All I really did, was point you towards your manufacturers downloads page lol.

Thanks anyway.

Regards Howard :)

yes thanks to you both, next time I have a problem will come straight here rather than wasting the whole day. Excellent site and help was given almost instantly to my thread. You've made me very happy.
THANKS

please help

hi, i am currently having the same problem as heather with my sims 2 game it keeps saying this message failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in this system. Make sure you have direct x 9.0c compatible graphics adaptor and you have installed the latest drivers provided by your manufacturer. how ever i have had sims2 on my computer before but unistalled it as it was not needed it worked fine then. i tried to follow instructions heather got but dont know if im following them right i have an acer laptop aspire 3002wlmi 256mb 600gb windows xp. dont know if that help.. please help me

try updating the drivers for your laptop's graphics adapter through the acer website (just search for your laptop's model from there under support/downloads etc) and give that a shot.

However, i have a feeling that this onboard graphics adapter is one of many that can't fully support the 3D aspect of directx, so you maybe stuck with it.

umm, im having the exact same problem as heather and umm, jess. Well, I was wondering if I have to buy a graphics adapter or if I can just download and upgrade, becasue I have the right card and stuff, i didi teh EAsy think check and it said all was Ok, except for the graphics adapter....

Nadyanilo,

what are your computer specs? If you can post them we can direct you to the right Manufactors page!

Your System Game Requirements

Operating System (Get Updates) Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build 2600) Windows XP/2000/98/ME

System Memory 255.5 256.0

Processor Speed 1310.5 800 MHz

DirectX Version (Get Updates) 9.0c 9.0c

Display Device (Get Drivers) Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller

Display Memory 32.0 32.0

Display Driver 6.13.01.2872

Sound Device (Get Drivers) Intel(r) Integrated Audio

Sound Driver 5.10.3523

This is what the EAsy Info thing says...

Display Device (Get Drivers) Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller
Try updateing the drivers from the intel site. There is a slim chance that you can play it with the current video adapter, read this: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-016497.htm

But if you got a desktop PC with a spare expansion slot (PCI/AGP/PCI-E) you can add a video card to replace the intel one, however if you have a laptop i don't think you can upgrade anything.

i've just finished intalling sims 2 but when i start the game it says.." failed to find and directX 9.0c..... what should i do? i tried downloading graphic drivers that supports my processor AMD sempron but it is not compatible... what driver should i download?

Hard disk--Maxtor 6E040L0/40 gb
AMD sempron
2200+ 1.50 GHz
224 MB of RAM

is this information enough? i don't the eon of my motherboard though.. pls help

hi again..i have additional iformation about my computer..i have directx 9.0c..

i've just finished intalling sims 2 but when i start the game it says.." failed to find and directX 9.0c..... what should i do? i tried downloading graphic drivers that supports my processor AMD sempron but it is not compatible... what driver should i download?

Operating System -- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (service pack 2)
Hard disk -- Maxtor 6E040L0/40 gb
CPU = AMD sempron/Version: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1,
speed 1498 MHz
2200+ 1.50 GHz
224 MB of RAM
memory/256 RAM

System manufacturer = GBT
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS Version: Award Software International, Inc. F1
sound device = Vinyl AC'97 codec combo driver (WDM)

is this information enough? pls help soon

Sims 2

Hi,
I recectly bought my son the sims 2 for christmas but when he went to install it it said "failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in this system. Make sure you have direct x 9.0c compatible graphics adaptor and you have installed the latest drivers provided by your manufacturer"

Could you please help???

From Caz:unch:

Hey yall I just got the Sims 2 holiday Edition and I'm ready to play it. I installed the game with no problems but playing the game is. I click on the Game logo it says something about the Direct 9.0 graphic adapter. So i go to the DXdiag and see that not only the direct3d not available. Since Christmas i've been looking from site to site trying to find the answer to solve my problem. My system specs is

Computer Name:BETASIRC-EWBJZ2
Operating System:Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Lanuage:English( Regional Setting:English)
System Manufacturer: SNC302EEH
System Model: Custom
Bios: Default Setting Bios
Processor:Intel Pentium 3 processor ~660MHz
Memory:256MB RAM
Page File: 200MB use, 417MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

If i go to DXdiag and then press Display. under Device there's no device because i had unstall and tried to reinstall it but it wouldn't work so i have nothing under it.

Hey yall I just got the Sims 2 holiday Edition and I'm ready to play it. I installed the game with no problems but playing the game is. I click on the Game logo it says something about the Direct 9.0 graphic adapter. So i go to the DXdiag and see that not only the direct3d not available. Since Christmas i've been looking from site to site trying to find the answer to solve my problem. My system specs is

Computer Name:BETASIRC-EWBJZ2
Operating System:Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Lanuage:English( Regional Setting:English)
System Manufacturer: SNC302EEH
System Model: Custom
Bios: Default Setting Bios
Processor:Intel Pentium 3 processor ~660MHz
Memory:256MB RAM
Page File: 200MB use, 417MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

If i go to DXdiag and then press Display. under Device there's no device because i had unstall and tried to reinstall it but it wouldn't work so i have nothing under it.

What graphic card should I install for my System because i tried alot of different things to install in my computer but it says that it dosen't go with my system.

What graphic card should I install for my System because i tried alot of different things to install in my computer but it says that it dosen't go with my system.
graphic cards are actual physical cards that you install in your system, and it varies on how much you want to spend on it and what available expansion slots you have on your motherboard (PCI, AGP, PCI-E etc).

Please download Everest Home program as linked in the FAQ previously posted above, and save a report to a .txt file and attach it here. I will help you as much as i can.

Help!

i recently bought the sims 2 and im getting the message about the 9.0 graphics card.
HELP MEE. ive gone to website to download the graphics downloads but the game still dosnt work.

this is my computer:
windows xp
amd athlon 64 x2 dual
core porcessor 3800+
1.99 GHz, 960 MB of RAM

is that enough? i hope so

thanks for everything!

i am also having the same problem with it saying that it failed to find any directx 9 compatible graphics adapters. my computer says i have directx 9 installed, but after going into dxdiag, it says that the DDI is at 7. I tried downloading the latest driver for my video card, and it says I already have it. It also wont let me re-install directx 9.

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP card. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back