Sims Deluxe Edition won't Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Window's XP Home Edition computer was reformatted and now it won't install my Sims Deluxe Edition! Once I click "Install" on the Autostart screen after a few minutes this error message pops up - "An installation support file could not be installed. Data error (cyclic redundancy check)." How do I fix that so I can install my Sims?!

Thanx

Xtina

That error message means that the data from the CD is corrupted.

Most commonly, this is due to a scratched, smudged or otherwise unreadable CD.

If you have two CD-ROMs, try the other one. And if it still does it, attempt to clean the bottom of the CD.

when installing sims deluxe i keep getting sorry, theres not eoungh diskspace on . when i have 90gigs free help pls

Component Transfer error

Ive had Sims Deluxe edition for a while. I downloaded it on a windows 200 fine but then i lost the game and acciedently uninstalled it. Now on a windows XP I try to download it and it dosent work . It says Error Component transfer error. What do I do??

Help!!!!

can someone please help me...im trying to install sims deluxe edition and when it comes up for the choice to install it pops up with something about my copy utility... im sooooo desperate for help so if you know what to do or youve experienced this and got through it then please help me and tell me what to do you will be a real life saver..x

Make a new thread Beckie007, also give a screenshot of what the question is ( press PrintScreen or PrtScn above the numberpad / next to the F12 button )

Installation problems

I<3Scissorhands said:
My Window's XP Home Edition computer was reformatted and now it won't install my Sims Deluxe Edition! Once I click "Install" on the Autostart screen after a few minutes this error message pops up - "An installation support file could not be installed. Data error (cyclic redundancy check)." How do I fix that so I can install my Sims?!

Thanx

Xtina

I'm having trouble installing sims deluxe, too. when i get near the end of preparing install shield,it says, "An installation support file 'C:\DOCUME~1\Temp\(10798AE3-DCBB-43C3-9C93-C23512427E25)\isrt.dll'Could not be installed.
Access is denied."

Wat can I do to fix this?

dint help

I have all the data installed, but whenever i click on it, it says, "it has come to our attension that you have installed another expansion pack after sims deluxe, and that we will atumatically update your installation. Press ok to proceed." But i haven't installed another expansion pack, and whenever i press ok, it goes to the same installation screen forsims deluxe, and it does the same thing i had the problem with to begin with. Any suggestions?

i need help i have both cd's to reload it but i dont have the number that came with it it wont let me do it with out puting the code in my laptop crash and i just got if fix but i dont have the code if some one can help i will love you bye

strangly...

it seems like the original sims was compapable with my computer but the sims livin large is not. strange, but i got the normal sims installed without livinlarge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back