Sims2 Deluxe install help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello thanks for your time

I am having trouble installing sims2 deluxe. I am able to start the installation but receive the following message each time

" a problem occurred when trying to transfer the file E:\Base\TSData\Res\Locale\Spanish\Sims3D\Objects.package'from the media?"

is there something wrong with my disc or am i able to bypass or fix this problem??

Please help!!

This is due to the cd-rom or DVD speed dipping below acceptable reading levels for the Install Shield software to read accurately.

Check to see if there are any scratches, fingerprints, or marks of any kind on the disk surface. Something even as small as a piece of hair or a very light scratch can cause this error. If you find any fingerprints or debris try cleaning the CD or DVD with a soft cotton cloth.

If you do not find any scratches, fingerprints, or marks of any kind on your CD, try renaming the InstallShield folder:
Double-click on the My Computer icon.
Double-Click on the C:
Double-Click on Program Files then on Common Files.
Right-Click on the InstallShield folder.
Select Rename.
Rename it to InstallShieldOld.
Start the installation again to reinstall the InstallShield components with the newest version.

Also, if you have any virus protection programs like Norton or McAfee, temporarily disable them by right clicking on the icon in your system tray in the lower right corner of the desktop and selecting "Disable" or "Exit". Also be sure to end all background programs before attempting installation.

If you have XP,2000 try running the installation for the game using the Program Compatibility Wizard.

If the previous steps did not work, and you have 6GB of harddrive space available, you can try copying the disk files to your harddrive and installing without the CDs. Make sure to follow the steps below exactly as they read, or else the install may not work.

On your desktop, double-click My Computer.
Double-click the local or network drive on which you want to create a new folder.
On the File menu, point to New, and then click Folder.
Type a name for the new folder, and then press ENTER. For example, type Gametemp.
Insert the game CD into your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down SHIFT as you insert the CD to prevent Setup from starting automatically.
In My Computer, right-click the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then click Explore.
On the Edit menu, click Select All.
On the Edit menu, click Copy.
Right-click the folder that you created in step 3, and then click Paste.
o
Repeat steps 5 through 9 for each of the CD's. If you get a message asking to overwrite files, click yes.
o
If you have the DVD version all you have is one DVD so continue to step 10.
When all the files have been copied to the new folder, quit all other programs that are running, and then double-click Autorun.exe in the folder that you created in step 3 to start Windows Installer and Setup.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the game installation.
To save disk space, you can delete the "Gametemp" folders after the installation has completed.

* If you cannot copy the cd contents to your hard drive or get the same error message when installing the game on another computer, then there is a possibility of the discs being defective. If the store that you purchased the game from will not allow you to exchange the game for another copy, we can help you obtain another new copy of the game.

Taken from the sims2 website

Still having problem

I've tried everything I saw posted here, I'm still getting the same thing (not an error message) when trying to install from the DVD or from the hard drive, the Macromedia Flash Player thingie opens where you can go into different doors, click on different plumbbobs etc, all video good, music playing etc, but not option to actually install the game. When I opened and looked the auto run file it shows
[autorun]
open=sims.exe
icon=sim2.ico

The macromedia flash spoiler (I guess you'd call it) is also named Sims.exe ??? I'm totally consfused. Please help

Problem with Sims 2 Double Deluxe

I bought the Sims 2 Double Deluxe. When I put it into my computer, Windows XP, it doesnt install right away. So I go to computer and double click under the title of Devices with removeable storage where it says "Sims2DoubleDeluxe (D:). It gives me 4 options; AutoRun, Base, AutoRun, AutoRunGUI.dIII . I have tried to click on these options but it doesnt get me anywhere. PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back