Single vs. Dual 7600GT's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently putting together my own machine and i know how dual gpu's are much better then a single, but at the moment is it really worth it? Do games like BF2/2142 and those really run that much better on dual's? Sounds like a dumb question, but i want to save myself some money if it isnt worth it at the moment.

Welcome to Techspot :wave: ! If I were you, I would buy one more powerful card, like the GeForce 7900GS/GT, in which, you'll get better performance than 2 7600GT's in SLI, and it's cheaper :D. What SLI does is take half of the workload and disperse it on 1 card, and the other half on the other card, making performance better, usually.

Awsome, thanks. But i'm shopping right now, and i found two (2) BFG 7600 GT OC for 294.52, plus an extra little 30$ mail in rebate for one of them bringing the total of both of the GPU's to $264.52. Can i find a 7900 for that kind of price?

BTW, I'm canadian so that's in canadian funds

If you live in the U.S., check this out; the GeForce 8800GTS for $299.00. This is 1 of the 2 models out for DirectX 10, the "future" of gaming. This is also the second best video card made to date. It will soon be the third with the release of ATI's new X2800XTX.

*NOTE*
Newegg is having some problems displaying their pages correctly, so don't be worried if the page doesn't show up correctly.

He can't afford that, 300$ Canadian bucks are equal to ... 257.157552 USD.

If you can stretch your budget though, the 320MB 8800GTS (that cfitzarl suggested) is a good card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back