Sisoft sandra fan failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys...wondering if anyone can offer advice...:) I'm using an Advent model 3.4ghz Pentium Northwood. Sisoft Sandra told me that my cpu fan had failed. I'm pretty much a novice, but gritted my teeth and swapped out the heat sink with a new one. Sisoft still tells me it has failed.....or is running at 1400rpm. I've taken the side off and checked...and it is running, as is the case fan I added. I've also changed out the power supply for a better one, and that too is running no problem. The cpu temperature is around 48-50 degrees. Could anyone suggest what it may be? Any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

must be some type of error then, expecially if the fan is running, what exactly is Sisoft Sandra? some type of program that tells u about ur cpu?

The reason is that you doesnt have the fan monitor control installed in the fan with mobo. If you are in the doubt, check your P4 fan, find the wire colour (what i meant is that you should have red, black and yellow or green for fan monitor) if you have that, plug it in CPU1 or CPU0. Case fan should plug either PSU1/PSU0 or CHASSIS1/CHASSIS0.

Lucan

<P.S. SiSoft Sandra bypass your windows and find the fan speed in bios. very clever programming!:)>

Ah......so its not simply a case of plugging the lead into whichever power supply socket is closest? And there was me thinking I was making huge strides swapping out a CPU heat sink!!! Is there anything on the mobo that tells which is the right socket for each? (apologies again for being computer illiterate!)

Actually I dunno whether you should have needed to swap the haetsink... I sell advents where I work and the majority of them do have very low fan speeds to reduce noise but the torque is there to shift enough air. I expect if you alter some changes in SISoft then it will not warn you about failure.

most MB have CPU fan marked. If in doubt, check your manual. As they always say RTFM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back