Six random BSOD's in a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
I have been reading for a while in the forums about BSOD and have noticed the expertise and factual approach, I like that. Here is my issue with BSOD's.

My computer is on daily. I have had six bsod's this year. About once every two months. Each seemingly at random. I repeat the activities prior to the bsod then they do not happen. Thus, I don't seem able to repeat the bsod.

At one time a couple of browserwindows were open, then I want to open another and the screen freezes. Other times I am working in Dreamweaver or Word, the screen freezes and after a while a BSOD appears. Temperatures according to Everest for the motherboard is 31C, CPU 30C and the harddisks vary from systemdisk at 32 to one of the datadisks at 29C.

What I have done sofar.
New memory strips (DDR2-667 Kingston KVR).
Installed new drivers for: processor, cdburner, motherboard, videocard.
Properly adjusted pagefile to a new and clean pagefile.

Still the bsod's keep appearing once in a while. Could you have a look at the minidumps and tell me if there is a clue there? Your advice is much appreciated.

Hello Tedster,

I just happen to get a bsod. I had outlook express open, two firefox browsers and versionbackup was running. Then I wanted to open a window in IE6 but I couldn't get that far. My computer was already freezing up and bsod came up. Unfortunately the text did not stay long enough for me to read. Hopefully this minidump is not corrupt and you can make sense out of it. Thanks, Nofski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back