Sli and non sli mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripken204

there are a few sli mobos out and i was wondering what is the best

asus a8n-sli
gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI
abit an8

also what do u think is the best 939 socket non sli mobo?

SLI or no SLI

If you read the PC mags and and tech reports MSI and Asus are coming out almost neck and neck on both the 1x PCI-e and the 2x PCI-E form factor systemboards I realy like the Asus as there seems to be more toys and added software with their MoBos and more SATA ports but I am not going to trash the MSI mobo it has some grrs as do all mobos but it is harder to work with as far spacing on the board and some of the set-up software but if you don't read you will get that with the Asus mobo as-well.

what I would do it take the two mobos and compair all the things that are diffrent with them and then read reports, not forums as most people that come to a forum will insist on one mobo and on CPU (INTEL SUCKS!!!) and there is no chainging their mind (INTEL REALY SUCKS!!)... The other problem is looking at a forum for info on smothing is that you have people that need help and cannont use google or read an A+ or MCSE book to fix it they come here to get help and are told bad info like FDisk your puter to fix an error.

Finding good research habbits is notonly for student they are for computer users, and everyone els. Learn how to use Google and read between the lines as even some websites a tailored to premote the sale of something.

I would realy scale the MSIs and ASUSs out then choose; eg if you don't ming crmped work envroment and are will to risk trashing a SATA prot then by all means Go with the MSI, if you want the easy space and all the real cool toys and software go Asus the difrence between the two companies Mobos are so close there is noway anyone would notice the diffrences between the two depending on the app you are oning one will be 1-20 pts above the other and overall programs all run the same on the two mobos.

I like them both but use the Asus more as I build mostly systems with 2x PCI-e and nVidia cards and I get the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe at a better discount.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back