SLI mobo & ATI Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianinlfc

Hi,
I just got a quick question. I got a 680i Mobo and an 8800 GTS card, But I now kinda want to switch over to ATI 3780x2 . Will the Mobo allow me to do so?
Even go as far as Crossfire it?
Thanks guys.
Brian.

Are you talking about 2 HD3870's in crossfire or a single HD3870X2?

If 2xHD3870X2 than yes you can use it on your motherboard if it has SLI with some hacked software but its not recommended.

If you mean a single HD3870X2 than yes it works on ALL PCI-e slots whether its an AMD motherboard, Intel motherboard or nVidia motherboard.

The HD3870X2 also gives you better performance than 2xHD3870's in crossfire. You won't be disappointed with it.

Yes I was thinking about the ATI's HD3870X2. It sure is powerful and big. So for me to use crossfire with on the board I need to get a hacked software? Something Like? I have no clue, Or what if i want to get a corssfire ready Mobo? any suggestion?
Thank you. :)

brianinlfc said:
Yes I was thinking about the ATI's HD3870X2. It sure is powerful and big. So for me to use crossfire with on the board I need to get a hacked software? Something Like? I have no clue, Or what if i want to get a corssfire ready Mobo? any suggestion?
Thank you. :)
Sorry mate, that 2xHD3870X2 that I first posted was meant to read 2xHD3870's.

If your gonna buy two graphics cards than I would recommend the 8800GT in SLI over the HD3870X2. Having 2xHD3870X2 would ultimately make your PC running 4 graphics GPU's and it would not scale accordingly. You'll be lucky to gain any improvements in any game. Just stick to the one HD3870X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back